Today is the start of the season at The Links Country Club. We received small pins with the words “YOU” written in all caps. These pins are to be worn by golf staff everyday. The “YOU” pin means this:
At The Links Country Club, it’s all about “YOU” the member, and if there is anything we can do for “YOU” please let us know.
This pin was not well received by golf staff. Reactions/thoughts:
- Oh great. We have to remember yet another thing to bring to work at 4 am when our minds don’t even function at that hour.
- Wow. This is going to be so cheesy when we have to explain what it means to members…Why couldn’t we save time and have a self-explanatory pin.
- Maybe we should have a “ME” pin and give it to all the members to wear.
- Why can’t we just be good at our jobs so we don’t have to wear a pin?
- In three weeks no one will remember this pin exists.
TODAY: PIN DAY!
My Station today: Under red umbrella a.k.a Bag Drop (The place where time stands still)
Member comments/reactions in regards to the “YOU” pin:
Mr. DeVino: “What’s that little thing on your neck? And why are the words so big?”
Mr. Langlan: “Who thought of that? It’s strange don’t you think?”
Mr. Carlton: “Oh man, hahaha”
Mrs. Franklin: “Well if it’s about me the member, how come my bag isn’t on the range yet?”
Mr. Campbell: “I don’t think anyone will be looking at the pin, Maggie.”
Mrs. McNeice: “I can’t even see you or the pin under that umbrella.”
The start of the season… Are we having fun yet?