I spent most of my day manning the golf shop. Golf Shop would be a nice place to work if the air conditioning wasn’t so high. Women are always cold, so maintaining a below freezing temperature in shop keeps the women, ladies league, and complaints outside.
Golf Shop Duties:
- Keep product inventory fully stocked and organized
- Schedule tee times
- Answer all phones
- Assist the Pro’s and members with custom orders
Top Questions Received in Golf Shop today (and almost everyday):
- Do I really need a tee time?
- There’s no water on 14… Can we get someone on this?
- It’s so slow I’ll just go off the back nine yeah?
- Can we get some beers on hole 15?
- Is the pro available?
- Why are these balls so expensive? They are $10 less at Golf Galaxy.
- Why is it always so cold in here?
- Is the Bev Cart girl here today?
- Can we have 5 or 6 people play in one group?
- If Bev Cart is here today, can we pay her to follow us around?
- Why is the Pro never available, can you tell him to call me?
- Can I bring my dogs out on the course? I promise they’re quiet.
- Can we get some beers on 17?
- Aren’t you cold in here?
- Are the balls in this bucket free?
- Can you turn down the air?
Today I used my customer service skills to the max. I think everyone should experience working in a Golf Shop once in their life. Just once though.
Today when I left the golf shop I felt like Mel Gibson in Braveheart, “FREEDOM!”